We are a tiny “Ma & Pa” operation that is very much “hands on.” Lynda personally inspects each cabin and room before our guests’ arrivals, and makes herself as accessible to guests as she can, in person during daytime hours, and always by phone, to answer questions and assist with activity planning. Paul can usually be found on the grounds tending to the gardens. We also employ one or two workers to help us. In-between employees, we serve as housekeepers too!
Below we have attempted to list our policies in as complete detail as is possible. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like clarification on anything!
- Self-Check-in: After 4 PM
- If you will be later than 8 pm, please let us know, so we don’t worry!
- Early check-in is not usually available.
- Special arrangements, if available, must be requested well in advance of arrival
- Check-out by 10 AM
- Express check-out ~ just leave the key where you found it & call or text to say goodbye, or use our web Guest Portal
- Off-season Check – out is 11 AM
- Late check-outs not normally available
- Any Late check-outs must be pre-arranged well in advance of departure time.
- Failure to make proper arrangements may result in additional charges.
- Please remove shoes inside (Alaska Tradition), pack slippers or inside shoes.
- Maximum occupancy of ALL cabins or units is two guests
- Penalties will apply, and lodging may be terminated for those violating Maximum Occupancy ratings without prior permission
- All guests must be registered with us; this includes any children or infants
- No pets inside cabins or rooms (Except in View Nest Cabin, our pet-friendly unit)
- We have one pet-friendly unit
- It must be pre-reserved for pets, and all pets must be pre-registered
- To Ensure Healthy Air for all our guests, our entire property is Tobacco-Free (Others, Please Ask)
- We are a “Share the Air” facility
- If you must smoke tobacco, please be sure to leave the property, either on foot or by driving down the road
- Please DO NOT smoke tobacco on the beach, or while walking to the beach on our property
- Violation of the Tobacco-Free Policy will cause in immediate termination of lodging
Additional Property Features
- Fantastic drinking water
- Allergy Friendly (except the View Nest Room)
- Hard surface floors (throw rugs)
- Hard surface window coverings
- Hypo-allergenic laundry products used
- Hypo-allergenic cleaning products used
- Bed bug mattress covers
- Energy Friendly Property
- Energy Star appliances
- “Tight” construction
- “On-demand” hot water
- Longtime promoters of “green travel”
- Recycled materials whenever possible
- Made in the USA whenever possible
- Once you submit your reservation details https://secure.angelsrest.com/book-now/, via our secure server, the following will happen:
- As quickly as we can, we send you a Confirmation email with all the details, including taxes and any additional fees.
- We will also include information on Trip Cancellation/ Trip Interruption Insurance. We highly recommend that guests protect their vacation investment with the purchase of some form of Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption Insurance. Our Confirmation will include information on a fully licensed Travel Agent that we can refer you to, in Alaska. Any fully licensed Travel Agent should be able to provide you a policy, or you can insure yourself using our Insure My Trip link.
- The confirmation will specify the payment method. If you indicated a preference for cash payment, there would be an indication of that. If time does not allow for mailing payment, the credit card rate will be used.
- The confirmation will also contain the link to our Guest Portal and your Personal Pin and the cancellation policy. If you cancel before payment, there is no cancellation fee. Reservations to be paid in full within 72 hours of booking unless other arrangements are made.
- All units have 2 or 3-night minimum stay requirements (depends on unit) unless a 1 (or 2) night opening exists or management can make an exception.
- Weekends have two-night minimums
- One-night reservations on weekends are subject to a last minute wait list
- The longer your stay, the better your rate! Qualify for our lowest “GO Green Rate” by staying at least six nights; receive discounts by staying 2 or more nights.
- Reservations for October through April Qualify for our “GO GREEN Special” by staying at least six nights or reserve three units for three nights!
- We are open year round. Depending on Staffing and Weather we may close for a short period, or we may limit off-season bookings to groups only. We attempt to accommodate all requests. Fill out our Reservation Inquiry Form and our reply will let you know what’s available.
During your stay, you have your cabin or room, to yourselves, for your maximum privacy. To keep our rates low we do not typically perform daily maid service. If no other arrangements get made, Housekeeping will visit your unit on the following schedule:
- Fresh towels after three nights or as needed (notify us, and we’ll serve you sooner)
- New supplies every three days or as needed (notify us, and we’ll serve you sooner)
- Trash removal every three days or as needed (notify us, and we’ll serve you sooner)
- Fresh sheets every seven days (ask us, and we’ll serve you sooner)
Guests wishing daily maid service have the option, between May 15 and September 15 of adding Daily Maid service to their reservations, with an additional cost of $10 per night.
We are an incredibly tiny company, serving a very limited number of guests, primarily during very few months in the year. We work hard to have a great season every year and will do everything we can to be 100% prepared for your visit. We cannot predict Mother Nature’s plans, or what the Universe has in store for all of us. Therefore, we strongly suggest the extremely low-cost investment of Trip or Travel Cancellation Insurance, to protect you from a wide variety of possibilities (there are even policies that will allow you to cancel if a work partner dies, or a pet dies, for example.)
Angels Rest is proud to offer our guests an affiliation with one of the best opt-in trip insurance sites: Insure My Trip. In our Confirmation, we will also provide you the name and contact information for a fully licensed Travel Agent in Alaska that can also help you with Trip or Travel Insurance. Plans cost roughly 10% of your trip investment, for your non-refundable expenses.
Our Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations that occur MORE than ninety (90) days in advance of arrival will receive a refund of deposit, minus the cancellation processing fee, at the time of cancellation.
- Cancellations that occur LESS than ninety (90) days in advance of arrival, if the unit is resold, cancellation fees will be deducted from the deposit on file, and any balance may be applied to a future reservation* Refunds require Trip Insurance.
- All SUMMER (May through September) cancellations are subject to a $25 per night, per room cancellation fee, regardless of when or why cancellation occurs.
- All OFF-Season (October thru April) cancellations are subject to a $15 per night, per room cancellation fee, regardless of when or why cancellation occurs.
- We will deduct any cancellation fees from the funds on deposit with us.
- *There is a five (5) year limit to deposits on file; if no reservation is re-booked, the funds will expire at the end of 5 years.
Our rates are already very reasonable and are lower than many who offer far less in the way of comforts and amenities. We do offer discounts based on the Season in which you visit and the length of your stay. If time allows for mailing of payment, you may receive a discount for cash payment. If we have a special offer or promotion, you must have booked your reservation during the date of the promotion to receive the discount.
If you have a coupon, code, or gift certificate, please be sure to mention it when making your reservation.
We have ONE Pet-Friendly Unit, the View Nest. It must be pre-reserved as pet-friendly, in advance of arrival. We do not permit pets in vehicles overnight.
There’s a $25 per night, per pet, fee, plus tax. Pet(s) are never to be left unattended in the room, even if kenneled; and should be kept leashed at all times when outside. Barking that disturbs other guests is not allowed. Pick-up bags for solid waste are provided. There is no additional cleaning or deposit required, but there is a minimum $250 damages fee for wear beyond normal or damages. Damages exceeding $250 will be billed at cost. Please don’t hesitate if you have questions.