Policies for Our Green Lodging in Seward, AK
At Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay, we are pleased to provide an eco-friendly alternative to typical hotels in Seward, AK. We also offer one pet-friendly unit for those traveling with four-legged friends. See our Pet-Friendly inn policies below. As a tiny “Ma & Pa” operation, we take pride in being very much “hands-on.” Lynda personally inspects each cabin and room before our guests’ arrivals and makes herself as accessible to guests as she can, in person during daytime hours, and always by phone, to answer questions and assist with activity planning. Paul can usually be found on the grounds tending to the gardens. We also employ part-time workers to help us. In-between employees, we serve as housekeepers too!
We greatly appreciate your booking directly with us using our secure server here (it’s the Check Availability Button on any page). We will reward you with some unique Welcome Gifts. The longer your stay, the bigger the gift!
Below we have attempted to list our policies in as complete detail as is possible. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like clarification on anything!
- Self-Check-in: After 4 PM you may go directly to your unit
- If you will be later than 8 pm, please let us know
- Early check-in is not usually available.
- Special arrangements, if available, must be requested well in advance of arrival
- Check-out by 10 AM
- Express check-out ~ just leave the key where you found it & call or text to say goodbye
- Off-season check-out is 11 AM (March, April, October)
- Late check-outs not normally available
- Any Late check-outs must be pre-arranged well in advance of departure time.
- Failure to make proper arrangements may result in additional charges.
- Please remove shoes inside (Alaska Tradition), pack slippers or inside shoes.
- All guests must be registered with us; this includes any children or infants
- Maximum occupancy of ALL cabins or standard rooms is two (2), guests
- Maximum occupancy of mini-suites units is three (3) guests
- Additional fees apply for 3rd person
- Penalties will apply, and lodging may be terminated for those violating Maximum Occupancy ratings without prior permission
- We have one pet-friendly unit
- It must be pre-reserved for pets (View Nest Room), and all pets must be pre-registered
- No pets inside any other cabins or rooms
- See our Pet-Friendly Policies below
- To Ensure Healthy Air for all our guests, our entire property is Tobacco-Free (Others, Please Ask)
- If you must smoke tobacco, please be sure to leave the property, either on foot or by driving down the road
- Please DO NOT smoke tobacco on the beach, or while walking to the beach on our property
- Violation of the Tobacco-Free Policy will cause in immediate termination of lodging
- We have one ADA unit, the Gatehouse Cabin
- Access to the Guest Services Building is not ADA
Additional Property Features:
- Fantastic drinking water
- Allergy-Friendly (except the View Nest Room)
- Hard surface floors (throw rugs)
- Hard surface window coverings
- Hypo-allergenic laundry products used
- Hypo-allergenic cleaning products used
- Bed bug mattress covers
- Energy Friendly Property
- Energy Star appliances
- “Tight” construction
- “On-demand” hot water
- Longtime promoters of “green travel”
- Recycled materials whenever possible
- Made in the USA whenever possible
- Once you submit your reservation details via our secure server, the following will happen:
- Immediately you will receive a confirmation email with all the details, including taxes and any additional fees, and all policies, terms, and conditions.
- You have 48 hours to decline the booking if you do not agree to our terms & conditions & policies. Failure to cancel is your acceptance and agreement to adhere to the policies, terms & conditions.
- If you selected the cash discount, we will manually need to make the correct adjustment. That email should arrive within a few hours.
- The confirmation will specify the payment method. If you indicated a preference for cash payment, there would be an indication of that. If time does not allow for mailing payment (60 days), the credit card rate will be used.
- We will also include information on Trip Cancellation/ Trip Interruption Insurance. We highly recommend that guests protect their vacation investment with the purchase of some form of Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption Insurance.
- All units have 2 or 3-night minimum stay requirements (depends on the unit) unless a 1 (or 2) night opening exists or management can make an exception.
- Weekends have two-night minimums unless there are one night openings.
- One-night reservations on weekends may be subject to a last-minute waitlist.
- The longer your stay, the better your rate! Qualify for our lowest “Love Nature” rate by staying at least seven nights; receive discounts by staying 2 or more nights. There are also Alaska Resident and Military Discounts available.
- We strive to stay open year-round. Depending on staffing and weather conditions, we may be closed for a short period, or we may limit off-season bookings to groups only. We attempt to accommodate all requests. If you don’t see availability, feel free to message us about your request.
- Payment terms for multiple unit or group bookings is different from single bookings.
During your stay, you have your cabin or room to yourselves for your maximum privacy. To keep our rates low, we do not typically perform daily maid service. If no other arrangements get made, Housekeeping will visit your unit on the following schedule: (Note: Due to Covied-19 we will not be entering your unit; all housekeeping service will be contactless.)
- Fresh towels after three nights or as needed (notify us, and we’ll serve you sooner)
- New supplies every three days or as needed (notify us, and we’ll serve you sooner)
- Trash removal every three days or as needed (notify us, and we’ll serve you sooner)
- Fresh sheets every seven days (ask us, and we’ll serve you sooner)
We want guests to be comfortable and happy and will adjust the above schedule as requested. We may do a drop-off service rather than enter your unit.
Guests wishing daily maid service have the option, between May 15 and September 15 of adding Daily Maid service to their reservations, with an additional cost of $10 per night. (Note: During the Covid-19 era we will adjust how this works.)
We are an incredibly small company operated by two senior citizens, with one year-round part-time staff person. We enjoy providing you a fantastic lodging experience, and we will do everything we can to be 100% prepared for your visit. We cannot predict Mother Nature’s plans, or what the Universe has in store for all of us, nor will we be held responsible for their whimsy. Our policies do not cover extraordinary circumstances (wildfires, floods, storms of any kind, acts of God, pandemics or viruses, acts of war, terrorism, riots) or anything outside the ordinary course of daily life.
Please do not travel unprotected. We strongly suggest the extremely wise and low-cost investment of Trip or Travel Cancellation Insurance to protect you from a wide variety of possibilities. Make sure you check what’s covered and purchase any riders they offer as well! We can’t help if you aren’t covered for whatever the issue is.
Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay is proud to offer our guests an affiliation with one of the best opt-in trip insurance sites: TravelGuard. In our Confirmation, we will also provide you a link to TravelGuard and an alternative insurance site as well. Plans cost roughly 10% of your trip investment, for your non-refundable expenses.
Our Cancellation Policy
- Invest in Trip Cancellation Insurance specifically “Cancel For Any Reason” policies. They are a little more expensive but worth it! Travel Guard – Request a Quote
- Direct Booking Cancellations that occur more than thirty (30) days in advance of arrival for single unit bookings will get charged the cancellation processing fee at the time of cancellation regardless of the cause of the cancellation. Multiple unit bookings and groups are handled differently.
- Direct Booking Cancellations that occur for valid individual personal reasons less than thirty (30) days in advance of arrival, if the unit is resold, will receive a credit of payment, minus the cancellation processing fee (in the form of a gift certificate). If the unit cannot get resold, funds are forfeited. Refunds require Trip Insurance. Medical cancellations may receive special treatment. If appropriate extraordinary circumstances credit on cancellations for non-personal reasons without insurance will be limited to 50%, minus fees, and two years. Group and multiple bookings are handled differently.
- All Summer (May through September) cancellations are subject to a $25 per night, per room cancellation fee. Any waiving of fees is on a case-by-case basis.
- All Off-Season (October thru April) cancellations are subject to a $15 per night, per room cancellation fee. Any waiving of fees is on a case-by-case basis.
- Cancellations involving redeemed Covid related Gift Certificates are exempt from standard policy and will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Channel Bookings ~ Terms per the Channel at the time of your booking. Set by Channel at booking and are Non-negotiable by us. In the event the Channel changes or drops its policies, then our policies will apply.
- The Property reserves the right to modify our Cancellation Policy as needed, given the world and national conditions and without advance notice. We are honorable people with integrity and will do what is necessary to ensure our longevity as a business so that we can continue to serve our customers in the best manner possible.
COVID-19 POLICY Statement
Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay, LLC, has always made our guests’ health and safety our primary concern. Our property has always been sparkling clean and we follow the CDC and WHO guidelines. Agreeing to stay with us means you agree to hold us harmless from any Covid-19 or similar damage claims. Traveling during a time of a known world pandemic means you accept the risk that comes with travel and that you are aware of travel mandates. We will do everything in our power to keep you safe while you are here. We ask you to do the same and if you suspect you may be sick to let us know immediately. There are thermometers available so guests may monitor their health during their stay. All guests should travel with personal masks or face coverings so you are prepared for local mandates. Having a hand sanitizer is recommended when you are hiking, etc. Please plan accordingly.
- If you receive a positive COVID test and must cancel we will charge the normal cancel fees and if we have already taken payment we will issue a gift certificate for the balance remaining that is good for 2 years.
- In the event there are State mandates that prevent you from arriving in Alaska, traveling to Seward, or require you to quarantine upon arrival to. or return from Alaska, if we have already taken payment we will issue a gift certificate good for 5 years for the balance minus standard cancel fees.
- Cancellations involving redeemed Covid related Gift Certificates are exempt from standard policy and will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Our standard rates are already very reasonable and are lower than many who offer far less in the way of comforts and amenities. We offer discounts based on the following:
- Length of stay
- Alaska Resident
- Mid-week special
- Weekly Rate (Love Nature!)
Sometimes we run special promotions that require a discount code to work. Certain restrictions may apply to any of our special rates or discounts. If you have a coupon, discount code, or gift certificate, please be sure to input it when making your reservation.
Effective date: August 13, 2018
Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the
https://angelsrest.com website and the Angels Rest Lodging Alaska mobile
application (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and
disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have
associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you
agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Service means the https://angelsrest.com website and the Angels Rest
Lodging Alaska mobile application operated by Angels Rest on Resurrection
* Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified
from those data (or from those and other information either in our
possession or likely to come into our possession).
* Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of
the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the
duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
* Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or
jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which
and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be,
* Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who
processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process
your data more effectively.
* Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the
subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to
provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally
identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you
(“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not
* Email address
* First name and last name
* Phone number
* Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
* Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or
promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by
following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send
or by contacting us.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our
Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device (“Usage
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet
Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages
of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent
on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include
information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device
unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system,
the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and
other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Service and we hold certain information.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous
unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored
on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons,
tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a
cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be
able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
* Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
* Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences
and various settings.
* Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay LLC uses the collected data for various
* To provide and maintain our Service
* To notify you about changes to our Service
* To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when
you choose to do so
* To provide customer support
* To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our
* To monitor the usage of our Service
* To detect, prevent and address technical issues
* To provide you with news, special offers and general information about
other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those
that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted
not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection
If you are from the European Economic Area (EEA), Angels Rest on Resurrection
Bay LLC legal basis for collecting and using the personal information
the specific context in which we collect it.
Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay LLC may process your Personal Data because:
* We need to perform a contract with you
* You have given us permission to do so
* The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by
* To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay LLC will retain your Personal Data only for as
retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our
legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to
comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes and enforce our legal
agreements and policies.
Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay LLC will also retain Usage Data for internal
analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of
time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve
the functionality of our Service or we are legally obligated to retain this
data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and
maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or
other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from
those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to
us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United
States and process it there.
information represents your agreement to that transfer.
Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay LLC will take all the steps reasonably
necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with
an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place
including the security of your data and other personal information.
Disclosure of Data
Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay LLC may disclose your Personal Data in the
good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
* To comply with a legal obligation
* To protect and defend the rights or property of Angels Rest on
Resurrection Bay LLC
* To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the
* To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
* To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of
transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal
Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can
set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings
page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain
data protection rights. Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay LLC aims to take
reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of
your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if
you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
* The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you.
Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your
Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are
unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
* The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information
rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
* The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of
your Personal Data.
* The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict
the processing of your personal information.
* The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a
copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable
and commonly used format.
* The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your
consent at any time where Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay LLC relied on
your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our
collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact
your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service
(“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-
related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these
tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our
* Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks
and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and
monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google
services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and
personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the
Google Privacy & Terms web page:
Links to Other Sites
Our Service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If
you click a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy
policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone
under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that
your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become
aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification
of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our
We will let you know via email and/or a prominent notice on our Service, prior
to the change becoming effective and update the “effective date” at the top of
* By email: email@example.com
* By visiting this page on our website: https://angelsrest.com/contact-us/
* By phone number: 1-907-224-7378
* By mail: PO Box 1741, Seward, AK 99664-1741
At Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay LLC, we are dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personally identifiable information.
Our main purpose in collecting your personal information is to provide you with a streamlined experience in making reservations at Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay LLC. We only collect information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this. Personally identifiable information is only obtained when making a reservation. All identifiable information provided will not be disclosed to anyone unless we are specifically requested to do so. Angels Rest Lodging does not give or sell to anyone any information we collect on our site.
We sometimes use data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of the Site to measure effectiveness and safety. A “cookie” is a small file that gets placed on your hard drive that helps us provide our services. You are free to decline cookies if you choose too.
At Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay LLC, we take security seriously. When users make a reservation, we use every precaution to safeguard it online and offline.
Your payment and personal information are always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay LLC may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time in order to meet changes in the regulatory environment, business needs, or to satisfy the needs of our guests, properties, strategic marketing partners, and service providers.